Are you expecting a shipment from FedEx but have gotten a tracking update that says “Local Delivery Restriction, Delivery not Attempted”? When that happens, you might wonder, “What does this imply exactly?” Was delivery tried, and if not, what should you do now?
For a detailed explanation, check this post.
- If your FedEx tracking status says “Local Delivery Restriction, Delivery not Attempted,” don’t worry, it’s just a temporary delay.
- This update indicates that there was an issue preventing delivery that day, such as weather, technical difficulties, or traffic.
- FedEx will try to deliver your package on the following business day, and most local delivery restrictions are temporary.
- If you receive this update, there’s no need to take any action, and your shipment is likely to arrive soon.
A difficulty has arisen that precluded a delivery attempt on that particular day, as shown by the tracking update Local Delivery Restriction, Delivery not Attempted. The majority of these are caused by a brief technical or logistical issue, and FedEx will try again to deliver the package the next working day.
FedEx may choose not to make a delivery effort on a certain day for a variety of reasons. The following are a few of the more typical ones:
- The driver decides not to try to deliver because of the weather, technical difficulties, or traffic.
- The delivery of the shipment was scheduled, however the driver did not complete their circuit.
- It was unable to scan the box for delivery since it was damaged.
- After the vehicle had left, the parcel was scanned, and FedEx will now deliver the next business day.
- The shipment was loaded onto the incorrect vehicle, and when it returned to the facility, it was scanned.
- Lack of delivery workers due to holidays interruptions.
The closest facility, local FedEx infrastructure, or nearby conditions are all examples of local delivery disruptions that happen in the vicinity of the delivery location. FedEx decided against attempting delivery that day due to the interruption.
FedEx often tries to deliver on the following business day. FedEx can definitely guarantee that your delivery will be accomplished the next day because the majority of local delivery limitations are merely temporary.
It is by no means possible to overcome the problems that led to this upgrade. That stated, amid holiday disturbances, the wait might last several days.
What does it mean when FedEx says local delivery restriction?
It denotes the fact that the package has arrived at the facility but has not yet been removed from the shipping container in preparation for distribution.
What does it mean when FedEx says delivery exception local delivery restriction delivery not attempted?
If you have a delivery exception, it signifies that unforeseen circumstances have caused a temporary delay in the delivery of your goods. The cause may be bad weather, a natural calamity, a car problem like a mechanical problem, or other circumstances.
What does at local FedEx facility Package not due for delivery mean?
It denotes the fact that the shipment has arrived at the facility but has not yet been removed from the shipping container in preparation for distribution.
An update that reads Local Delivery Restriction, Delivery not Attempted is not cause for alarm. In most situations, FedEx merely states that the day’s events prevented delivery from being scheduled.
When you get this update, your shipment is almost there, and FedEx will likely try to deliver it the next business day. This post should have answered all of your questions.